Intro to Modern-PC
[With Free Session on Modern PC Keyboarding and Mouse Techniques]
This module precedes any other Computer Literacy Courses. It provides practical knowledge and key skills which are essential for taking any other Courses of Computer Literacy at any Level – all fundamental and collective concepts, terminology, interface, features, tools, commands, shortcuts…
Candidates with similar existing knowledge need to refresh to modern (up-to-date; not old) version.
DID YOU KNOW THAT?
Intro to Modern-PC and MS-Word Basic, even if not used on daily basis, are the most crucial courses for anyone to take, as they serve like a platform and bedrock to other Computer Courses! That’s why could not be assumed, as are ALWAYS THE PREREQUISITES to any other Courses.
Why PROFESSIONAL (not assumed) and current (not old) knowledge of these two courses is so critical?
In long term, Intro to Modern-PC [along with the Keyboard and Mouse Professional Techniques]; and MS-Word Basic give the vital tools needed to apply to all other courses. This simply means that the Learner taking any other courses is expected to already know – without struggling; all concepts, terminology, interface, features, tools, command, shortcut…; covered in the up-to-date versions (not old versions) of these two courses.
Two Real-Scenarios of how easily people ‘assume’
Course Outline: Intro to Modern-PC [Free Session Modern-PC-Keyboarding] One Level
Aligned with SAQA Unit Standard 116932 [& MOS / ICDL]
– Types and components of computers; how computers work
– Starting a computer; using profiles; and overview of Windows features
– Why Foundational Modern-PC-Keyboarding is essential?
– Old and new keys & keypads and their specific roles – with practices
– Utilising Foster Keys to optimize the use of PC features and giving commands
– Vital role of the keys affecting formatting and document handling
Smart Mouse Functions; and customizing other input devices
– Different Mouse Actions – why/where/when concepts and command techniques
– Use of combined Mouse&Keyboard techniques
– Summary of Touch Screen Techniques
Motherboard; Memory; and playing our role with unit of measure and environment
Other storage devices: Sky Drive, Clouding concepts…
Other output devices and peripherals
Utilising Windows Explorer tool
Overview or working with files, folders, and shortcuts
Working with search options
Protecting data against viruses
Overview and brief use of MS-Outlook Email; and Internet Explorer
Overview and brief use of MS-Word [used with Modern-PC-Keyboarding]
Accessing Help and Windows search
Shutting down the PC: standard way, express, and safe shut down